Thursday, April 16, 2009

WEEK 1, #2: Lifelong Learning

The easiest habit for me to follow is that every obstacle is a learning opportunity.  Unless I'm overly tired, which lead me to become frustrated easily, I enjoy working through problems and see them as an opportunity to improve myself.

Of the 7 1/2 Habits, the most difficult for me is to begin with the end in mind.  While this works for me sometimes, for example when I'm taking a class and my goal is to complete it, usually I prefer a more organic approach to learning.  I like the distraction that I experience as I work online: check , browse , or order something from . For me, it's all connected and moves me along the path of learning about the Web.  For example, I was watching Morning Joe  this morning while I worked on a class. Everyone on t.v. was talking about .  So, I went to Twitter and joined.  I have no idea what to do with it, yet, but playing around with it is taking me somewhere.  If I were focused more acutely on my learning goals, I would have worked on my class and missed a learning opportunity (plus a lunch invitation). All of that said, the Learning Contract isn't for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment