Thursday, April 16, 2009

WEEK 9, # 23: Summarize Your Thoughts


Since my primary lifetime learning goal is to keep learning, I'd say that this program has moved me along that path. I revisited some applications that I was already familiar with, and discovered new ideas that I am enthusiastic about.



One of the outcomes from this program that really surprised me was that sometimes the best ideas are totally outside the box. I'd say this is true about Book Crossing, which combines the idea of reusing books, talking about books, and giving back to the universe in a unique way. It may be the one thing that I am most excited about discovering!



My favorite ideas that I came across during this program include creating avitars, Rollyo, and Book Crossing. I think that whoever maintains this course should really consider adding Book Crossing as a resource to explore.


The format of this course was fantastic. I liked the independent study, tutorial format and the way that ideas were grouped and divided into things. I completed the course in sequence -- starting with Thing 1 and ending with Thing 23, but I think that it could be completed effectively in any order. If you offer an extension of this course, I am interested!


I've been looking at the Learning 2.0 for Teens and am recommending it to the students who have just left my class and are moving on to middle school; I think it will prove fun and helpful for them. The only improvement I'd recommend has to do with maintaining links. Some of the links were closed (such as Yahoo Podcast Directory), and some had new URLs.


The one sentence that sums up my Classroom Learning 2.0 learning experience is: Hands down, this is the most useful, effective, and flexible professional development that I've undertaken in the course of my career. My hope is that many of my colleagues participate in this experience; the curriculum makes for a band of common knowledge and language to move forward together from.

No comments:

Post a Comment