Thursday, April 16, 2009

WEEK 6, #14: Technorati and tags

Right now I'm feeling pretty frustrated. I've been trying for three days to join Technorati, and I keep getting an error message. Arrgh! I even tried accessing the site from a variety of browsers, as well as from a pc (I use a mac).

When I search posts, I get several returns for Technorati directory listings, none of which seem applicable, and one return for Videos about Classroom Learning 2.0. Searching tags results in two unrelated directory listings, and searching the Blog directory resulted in the following error message:

Doh! The Technorati Monster escaped again. We're currently experiencing backend issues and are working to resolve them as quickly as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

While I appreciate the Simpson-esque humor, I'm very frustrated with the site, overall, at this point. I'm also questioning how much uncontrolled exposure I want for my blog. I do like the tagging function overall as an organizational tool, but I want to keep it confined to space that I am responsible for. It seems to me that once I start using tagging to promote my blog, then I have to manage the tagging regularly and keep it current, and I don't need one more thing on my "to do" list!

Again, I remain frustrated with this site, which I feel like I have tried over and over to access. That's just the way of things, sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment