Thursday, April 16, 2009

WEEK 2, #4: Register Your Blog

I'm having a little trouble understanding how to register my blog.  I am unclear about how to locate the online registration form provided by my district, so I've emailed Jane the Librarian Teacher (I'll never be able to call her anything else, now), and sent an email to CSLA 2.0 Team asking for clarification.  I'm going to keep on working while I wait for a reply.  

Next day: I registered my blog with CTAP, at the suggestion of  Jackie Siminitus @ csla2team@yahoo.com.  I provided my blog's address, so I'm just going to wait and see what happens next!


Curriculum Connections:
Take a look at some of these teacher blogs:
8th grade history teacher
High School teacher in Arizona
Kindergarten class blog
When I saw this I wondered how kindergarteners blogged. Silly me, it was a brilliant newsletter blog.  I took a look at this kindergarten blog and liked it enough to recommend it to my friend and colleague, Kim.  I offered to help her set up something similar, if she's interested in setting up a newsletter blog, like this one, next year.  This type of blog would probably not be a good method of communication with parents for me because many 5th grade parents wouldn't bother to check it.  In kindergarten, the parents are substantially more involved and hungry for information; by 5th grade, they're ready to take a break -- and they often do!


Take a look at some of these school librarian/administrator blogs:
Assistant Superintendent Blog in New York
High School Librarian in Pennsylvania
Alaskan Librarian

Take a look at some of these student blogs:
Fifth grade student in China
Abby, 7 years old in Colorado
Newly Ancient, 15 year old blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment