Thursday, April 16, 2009

WEEK 4, #9: Education Feeds

I'm definitely suffering from information overload, at this point.  I went crazy adding feeds to my reader, then realized that I don't want to look at so much material -- it's too overwhelming.  So, I went back and focused on what I did want, and ended up with a feed from the New York Times Sunday Book Review, and four specific feeds from the California Academy of Sciences.  

I found it frustrating to use feed search services and, instead, I went to sites that I frequent and looked for available RSS feeds.  This worked for me, much better.  Also, because I like to have information in one place, I decided not to put a RSS feed on my blog, but to link to my reader, instead.  For the purpose of the web 2.0 blog, this makes the most sense, for me.  I can see, however, how a direct RSS feed could really support a blog, if the topic were related to its content.

No comments:

Post a Comment