Thursday, April 16, 2009

WEEK 6, #13: Tagging and Del.icio.us

I had been searching for resources on colonial craftsmen, specifically bakers, when I began this assignment.  I wasn't having much luck searching with Google, but del.icio.us was very helpful.  I was able to find several links and draw on other people's search efforts.  Using del.icio.us as a tool is great because it means that I don't need to recreate the wheel every time I want to search.

Additionally, because I use several computers, I like the fact that I can access my bookmarks from any of them.  Very convenient!  Another idea I like is using tags to develop a collection of sites to review with my class.  It is quick and convenient.  I would also be interested in subscribing to the bookmarks of a select few colleagues so we can share resources -- especially our librarian!

I have a del.icio.us account that I had forgotten about.  Now, I'm beginning to wake it up and use it, again!  Why am I bothering to use my traditional bookmarks, with all of their limitations?!  Of course, that's one thing about the amount of technological resources we have at hand:  there is too much to remember, sometimes.

I looked at the network badge feature and at first I thought, "I'm not up for that, yet"  because many of my bookmarks seemed personal.   I had to do some housecleaning on my del.icio.us account, but then I added the badge to my blog, just so I can get a feel for it.  I want to think more about how I feel about adding it to my blog, though, because I'm uncomfortable with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment