Thursday, April 16, 2009

WEEK 9, #20: YouTube and video

I signed up for Teacher Tube because I know that I can stream the videos at school. The videos are difficult to search through, though, and the bulk of them seem to be student projects. I might use this site to upload and share a class video, but it seems time intensive to use as a classroom. One feature of Teacher Tube that will help me is the ability to download videos; that gives me much more flexibility, which I alway appreciate. I liked this Think Before You Post video and think I will incorporate it into one of my lessons on safe use, so I embedded it:






Then I tried You Tube, which I didn't have to register for because it is linked to my Google id. You Tube is easy to navigate and organized for quick search results. I wish it had a download feature because then I could use the videos in the classroom. I quickly found this animated Shakespeare series that I'd like to use when teaching The Tempest, provided our district allows teachers to stream You Tube:




Part Two:




Part Three:

No comments:

Post a Comment