Thursday, April 16, 2009

WEEK 7, #17: CL2.0 Wiki - curriculum connections

I visited the California Classroom Curriculum Connections wiki, but there wasn't much there. I like the idea of the sandbox story; I have done this on a Google Document that was shared with the entire class, but calling it a sandbox make it sound more like play than work!

I'm still trying to figure out how I would use a wiki in my classroom. I'm inspired by the Hobbit wiki that I found (mentioned in thing #16), but I already put a lot of time and energy into managing blogs. I don't want to create a wiki just for the sake of having a wiki. I want it to be relevant, purposeful, and meaningful.

I found the Web Tools 4U2Use to be quite a useful wiki. Well-written, current, and informative, it is also a great model of an effective wiki. It's design was simple, and its organization allowed me to navigate intuitively.

No comments:

Post a Comment